- Why Am I? (Type Gray)
- Personality Type #1 (Type Gray)
- Personality Type #2 (Type Gray)
- Attention & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Why You Have Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Your Needs & Clairvoyant Simulation (Type Gray)
- Needs & PK Experiences (Type Gray)
- Events and Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Personality Changes & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Your Environment & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Age & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Psychic Awareness (Type Gray)
- Psychic Illusions (Type Gray)
- Belief, Meaning, & Auto Labeling (Type Gray)
- Self-fulfilling Prophecies & Ignoring When You’re Wrong (Type Gray)
- Probability & Reason (Type Gray)
- Don’t Be Fooled (Type Gray)
- Seeing Faces & Hearing Your Name (Type Gray)
- Precognition vs. Probability Shifting (Type Gray)
- Accuracy, OBEs, & Evil Presence (Type Gray)
- Weird Does Not Equal Psychic (Type Gray)
- Confusing Negative & Positive Experiences (Type Gray)
- Externalizing (Type Gray)
- Ignoring Negative Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Avoid Shortcuts (Type Gray)
- Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- #1st List of Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- #2nd List of Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- #3rd List of Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- Psychic Illusions Mini-Quiz – Are You Being Fooled? (Type Gray)
- Mini-Quiz: Prone to Psychic Experiences? Ready to Enhance? (Type Gray)
- Mini-Quiz: Anxious? Depressed? (Type Gray)
WHY YOU HAVE PSYCHIC EXPERIENCES
“OK, so now I know why I have these types of psychic experiences, but why do I have psychic experiences in the first place?”
Everyone has psychic experiences, whether they notice them or not. However, some people will have very subtle psychic experiences while others may have quit noticeable ones.
Many believe that psychic experiences are happening in our daily life far more than we realize. They happen because you have to reach a goal or satisfy a need that you otherwise cannot mentally, physically or emotionally.
These experiences are usually subconscious and undetectable. However, they can become detectable if you pay more attention to your thoughts, body, and your surroundings.
When you become more “mindful” or aware of yourself and your surroundings some of the subconscious information you receive may bubble up into your conscious mind and you may notice it.
Or, you may notice physical effects more if you are more mindful of your surroundings and other people.
This mindfulness is what helps you build psychic skills over time. However, there is also something else that can cause you to have stronger experiences.
The more stress a person has in their life, the more they seem to have noticeable psychic experiences. This is because when you are stressed out for a long period of time, and cannot seem to use your mind or body to find a solution, your mind and body REACH WITHIN and REACH OUT to find more solutions.
In this case, your mind and body are trying to make up for where you fall short. This stress could be the result of a sudden DECREASE ˅ in being able to do something, to a sudden INCREASE ˄ in a need to do something.
While a little stress in your day-to-day is OK, and sometimes can be a healthy very thing, this is not the kind of stress I’m talking about.
The kind of stress I’m talking about lasts a long time and is VERY stressful.
So stressful, that your mind and body give up on what you know in order to search for new solutions in more unfamiliar territory.
There are 3 types of stressful things that lead you to having noticeable psychic experiences that do not involve building psychic skills.
The first kind of stress has to do with things that predispose you to noticeable psychic experiences. These are things that exist for a long time and usually start happening in your early childhood. These are called predisposing factors.
The second kind of stress has to do with what major event stressed you out right before your psychic experiences became noticeable for the first time. These are called precipitating factors.
The third kind of stress has to do with what is causing these psychic experiences to continue to happen so strongly. These are called perpetuating factors.
However, there are stress preventives that can stop you from having strong psychic experiences before and after they start. These are called protective factors.
If you have the first 3 factors, but no protective factors, then your psychic experiences can get really strong (but not in a useful way, more like a crowded, loud, and jumbled way).
However, if you don’t have any of the first 3 factors, but have a bunch of protective factors, then you may not notice your psychic experiences at all right now, because you haven’t had enough reason too yet.
Predisposing and precipitating factors are pretty much the same, except one happens early on and continues to happen for a long while, and the other happens suddenly and WHAM!, you start having noticeable psychic experiences.
First we will look at the needs Type Gray’s usually have when they start noticing their experiences. Then, we will look at some of the more common events that can lead to enough stress to make you need something beyond your “normal” ability to reach.