- Why Am I? (Type Gray)
- Personality Type #1 (Type Gray)
- Personality Type #2 (Type Gray)
- Attention & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Why You Have Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Your Needs & Clairvoyant Simulation (Type Gray)
- Needs & PK Experiences (Type Gray)
- Events and Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Personality Changes & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Your Environment & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Age & Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Psychic Awareness (Type Gray)
- Psychic Illusions (Type Gray)
- Belief, Meaning, & Auto Labeling (Type Gray)
- Self-fulfilling Prophecies & Ignoring When You’re Wrong (Type Gray)
- Probability & Reason (Type Gray)
- Don’t Be Fooled (Type Gray)
- Seeing Faces & Hearing Your Name (Type Gray)
- Precognition vs. Probability Shifting (Type Gray)
- Accuracy, OBEs, & Evil Presence (Type Gray)
- Weird Does Not Equal Psychic (Type Gray)
- Confusing Negative & Positive Experiences (Type Gray)
- Externalizing (Type Gray)
- Ignoring Negative Psychic Experiences (Type Gray)
- Avoid Shortcuts (Type Gray)
- Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- #1st List of Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- #2nd List of Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- #3rd List of Psychic Protections (Type Gray)
- Psychic Illusions Mini-Quiz – Are You Being Fooled? (Type Gray)
- Mini-Quiz: Prone to Psychic Experiences? Ready to Enhance? (Type Gray)
- Mini-Quiz: Anxious? Depressed? (Type Gray)
Protective factors are things that can prevent you from having noticeable psychic experiences BUT can also prevent you from having negative psychic experiences. These factors include conditions or qualities that you have and can apply in your daily life to help you successfully deal/cope with stress.
- Different types of coping skills
- Personal strengths
- The resources that you have available to you
- The support you have in your life from family and friends
- And more involved or complex plans of action to deal with stress (coping strategies).
These are the tools in your arsenal that help you combat stress.
The more tools you have in your arsenal, the more prepared you will be to handle anything life has to throw at you.
There are two types of protective factors (1) preventative factors that can prevent distressing psychic experiences from happening BEFORE they happen, and (2) recovering factors that can help you stop negative psychic experiences from happening WHILE they are happening.
These types of factors are basically the same, except for when you put them into practice.
While preventative factors can prevent you from having noticeable psychic experience now, enhancing your psychic experiences through building natural psychic skills will make them pleasantly more noticeable, but also prevent them from being unpleasantly noticeable.
So, while these factors may SEEM like they are holding you back, they’re not. They are just keeping you on a natural and useful path. Next, we’ll look at a couple of lists of either what you are doing right, or what you NEED to be doing or work on.
The first list will mention things that in general can be preventative or recovering factors that relate to your personality and temperament; your behaviors and the ways you think. The second list will list factors that have more to do with your environment or surrounding conditions.
To make this easier, just keep this in mind:
Preventative and recovering factors are the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of most predisposing and precipitating factors. If you see a factor that applies to you in these lists, write down the number on a piece of paper. If you see a factor you could start working on or add to your life, write down those numbers too. You can NEVER have too many protective factors!