Parapsychology is concerned with the scientific investigation of the ways that organisms communicate and interact with each other and with the environment, that appear to be inexplicable within current scientific models. Stories of the paranormal (apparitions, prophetic dreams and visions, inexplicable awareness of events faraway, divination, miraculous cures etc) have been with us since antiquity, but it was only in the 19th century that the subject began to be studied in a systematic and scientific way.
Did You Know?
- Some of the top Parapsychologists in the world are Psychologists, Neuroscientists, Physicists and Nobel Prize winners.
- Several historians have persuasively demonstrated the influence of Psychical Research on the development of concepts in what is todays mainstream Psychology.
- In the 1940’s, Neuroscience was considered and received funding as Psychical Research.
Parapsychology – Is a discipline that seeks to investigate the existence and causes of psychic abilities and life after death using the scientific method. Parapsychological experiments have included the use of random number generators to test for evidence of precognition and psychokinesis with both human and animal subjects, sensory-deprivation and Ganzfeld experiments to test for extrasensory perception, and research trials conducted under contract to the United States government to investigate whether remote viewing would provide useful intelligence information. The results of such experiments are regarded by some parapsychologists as having demonstrated the existence of some forms of psychic abilities. Source: Wikipedia.org
Free Publications – Parapsychology
- A New Quantum Theoretical Framework for Parapsychology – by Chris Clarke, School of Mathematics, University of Southampton.
- Arguing for an Observational Theory of Paranormal Phenomena – Journal of Scientific Exploration – by J.M. Houtkooper.
- Anomalies and Constraints: Can Clairvoyance, Precognition, and Psychokinesis be Accommodated Within Known Physics? – Journal of Scientific Exploration – by R. Shoup.
- Mind Matters: a New Scientific Era – by Roger D. Nelson, Journal of Parapsychology.
- Parapsychology’s Contribution to Psychology: A View from the Front Line – by Caroline Watt, Journal of Parapsychology.
- Guest Editorial: Why Parapsychology Now? – by James Carpenter, Journal of Parapsychology.
- Controversy and the Problems of Parapsychology – by Nancy L. Zingrone, Journal of Parapsychology.
- Hans In Luck: The Currency Of Evidence In Parapsychology – Statistical Data Included – by Walter V. Lucadou, Journal of Parapsychology.
- Parapsychology and Quantum Entanglement – by W.G. Roll and B.J. Williams,Proceedings of The Parapsychological Association Convention 2008.
- Parapsychology – by Montague Ullman M.D., pub. 1980
- Psi and Psychiatry – by Montague Ullman M.D., pub. 1979
- Psi Functioning and Altered States of Consciousness: A Perspective – by Charles T. Tart, pub. 1978
- Mind-body Interactionism in the Light of the Parapsychological Evidence – by John Beloff, pub. 1976
- Subjectivity and Objectivity: Further Aspects of Psychological Growth – by Paul Rosenfels, Princeton Enineering Anomalies Research, pub. 1974
- Psychic Exhaustion and the Growth Process – by Paul Rosenfels, pub. 1977
- Psychopathology and Psi Phenomena – by Montague Ullman M.D., pub. 1977
- Parapsychology: Frontier Science of the Mind – by J.B. Rhine and J.G Pratt, pub. 1957
- Researches in the Phenomena of Spiritualism – by William Crookes, FRS, pub. 1926
- The Problems of Psychical Research Experiments and Theories in the Realm of the Supernormal – by Hereward Carrington, pub. 1921
- Psychography: A Treatise On One Of The Objective Forms Of Psychic Or Spiritual Phenomena – by William Stainton Moses, pub. 1878
Free Publications – Paraphysics
- To Be or Not to Be! A ‘Paraphysics’ for the New Millennium – by James E. Beichler, Journal of Scientific Exploration.
International Parapsychology Journals
- eJAP – the electronic Journal for Anomalous Phenomena
- Journal of Scientific Exploration
- Luce e Ombra rivista trimestrale di parapsicologia e dei problemi connessi
- Radius Psi Magazine
- Australian Journal of Parapsychology
- Il Mondo del Paranormale. Rivista di parapsicologia, tematiche affini, insolito
- Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research
- Journal of Near-Death Studies
- Journal of Paraphysics
- Journal of the Society for Psychical Research
- Revista Argentina de Psicologia Paranormal
- Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine Journal
- PsiPioneer Journal
- Parapsychology – Wikipedia.org
- Parapsychology FAQ – This FAQ was originally written for the web in 1995. For more detail on all of these topics, see The Conscious Universe (HarperEdge, 1997), or Entangled Minds (April 2006, Simon & Schuster).
- Parapsychology – by the Encyclopedia of Psychology
- Library – Research – The Institute of Noetic Sciences
- What Is Anomalous Experience? – by the Pacific Neuropsychicatric Institute
- Publications – Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research
- Publications – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory – Physics Division
- Paranormal Phenomena – The starting place for exploring paranormal phenomena and the unexplained, including ghosts, ESP, psychic phenomena, strange science, and more paranormal phenomena.
- Paranormal Phenomena Newsletter – About.com
- Psychic Phenomena – About.com Guide to Paranormal Phenomena
- ESP and Psychokinesis Articles – About.com, ESP, telepathy, telekinesis, channeling, remote viewing and more.
Parapsychology Communities & Groups
- The Paranormal Research Society – The Paranormal Research Society is looking for members that are interested in the unusual, and unexplained…
- National Paranormal Research Association – We are an association of Paranormal research groups. Our goal is to open communication between all types of paranormal researchers so we can share ideas, techniques and stories. Anyone interested in the field can become a member.
- Parapsychology and Related Sciences – We explore apparitions, hauntings, poltergeist(RSPK), electronic voice phenomena(EVP), near-death experiences(NDEs), out-of-body experiences(OBEs), and reincarnation. These are known as survival topics. Telepathy, remote viewing, precognition, clairvoyance, exceptional human experiences(EHE), and moving things with the mind(PK). These are known as psi. Survival and psi make up the science of parapsychology.
- Parapsychology SIG of MENSA – This group was formed in 1982 as a forum in which to share the investigation and use of our sixth sense and to understand, develop, and refine our psychic potential. Additionally, this group serves as a “safe haven” in which to openly discuss all aspects of the paranormal, without fear of ridicule. All who are interested in this subject matter are welcome.
- Frontiers Of The Mind – Do you believe in the power of the mind? Do you believe in the infinite potential of the mind? Is it possible to open doorways in the mind and to discover superconsciousness? This group is dedicated to opening these doorways through practices and exercises.
- Strange Science – Examining topics such as: Psychic Abilities, Time Travel, Cold Fusion, Paranormal Phenomena, Occult, Eugenics, Astral Projection, UFOs and Extraterrestrial Life, Parapsychology, Alchemy, NDE, Life After Death, etc; Reincarnation, Conspiracies, The Science of Magick, Cryptozoology, Mysticism, Cryonics, Human Transcendence, and other subjects on the edges of science.
- Parapsychology Forum – SciForums.com
- Metaphysics, Psychology & Psychic Phenomena Forum – Unexplained-mysteries.com
- Parapsychology and Alternative Medicine Forums – Mind-energy.net