Retrocognition (also known as postcognition), from the Latin retro meaning “backward, behind” and cognition meaning “knowing”, is the purported paranormal transfer of information about an event or object in the past. The term was coined by Frederic Myers. Retrocognition, like all forms of psychic functioning, is said by critics such as Robert Todd Carroll to be, in all probability, illusion or fraud.
- Glossary of Parapsychological terms – Retrocognition — Parapsychological Association (2007-04-28) http://www.skepdic.com/psychic.html
- Entry on “Psychic” in The Skeptic’s Dictionary by Robert Todd Carroll, Retrieved July 26, 2007
- Science Degrees in Clairvoyant/Retrocognition Studies – Clairvoyant Studies with the University of Alternative Studies.
- Professional Certification Program in Scientific Clairvoyantology/Retrocognition – University of Alternative Studies.
- Clairvoyant/Retrocognition Course of Instruction – Become a student of Clairvoyant Studies.
- Postcognition Courses & Degree Programs – An array of courses and degree programs offered online.
- Postcognition Resource Center – An array of resources, links, publications, and more.
- Retrocognitions: An investigation into memories of past lives and the periods between lives by Wagner Alegretti