Magical Thinking Quiz
0 of 19 questions completed
The Magical Thinking Quiz looks at different types of illusions that are common for some people to confuse with real psychic experiences. While being a little bit magical thinking is not all bad, too much magical thinking can lead to not only confusion, but can lead to delusion. Time: 5m | Questions: 19
This Assessment Will:
Identify how much magical thinking is possibly distorting your view of your “psychic” experiences and your overall worldview.
Keep in Mind:
(1) There are no “right” or “wrong” answers, so be honest and DON’T EXAGGERATE. (2) Take your time and read each question carefully.
You have already completed this before. Hence you can not start it again.
You must sign in or sign up to take this assessment.
You have to finish following assessment, to start this one:
Time has elapsed
- Odd Beliefs & Magical Thinking 0%
- Superstition 0%
- Suspiciousness or Grandiosity 0%
- Unusual Perceptual Experiences 0%
Your results were just sent to the email address linked to your account. Please keep this email for your records as you may need to refer to these results at a later time.
If your score was 1% or more Unusual Perceptual Experiences:
- These experiences are pretty normal.
- Seeing shadows for people can lead to seeing “shadow people” that aren’t really there. Basically, thinking that you’re seeing spirits or entities, but it’s just your mind playing tricks on you. Don’t be fooled! If you look right at the shadow and it vanishes or “runs away,” that’s a pretty good sign it was just your mind playing tricks. If you look right at the shadow and it’s still there, that might be something else entirely.
- Mistaking noises for voices is pretty common. Some people can even hear music in random noise. Just remember to not apply any real meaning to experiences like this unless information is received is actually directly helpful to you. Real psychic experiences are useful.
- If you feel or see someone or some force around you, this can be the result of a number of different things ranging from your mind playing tricks on you to what might be real psychic experiences. If you see a spirit or entity, but it’s just your mind playing tricks on you, the person or force will usually only be momentary, and never return (real spirits usually keep returning because they need something from you). If you always feel a presence, this might be psychic. For example, some people feel that they can feel the universe guide them and are directed towards good things again and again.
- If you sense of smell suddenly becomes really strong, this could just be a result of stress or anxiety. It’s pretty common, but if you’re stressed, you may want to work on that. Similar examples of this can be a sudden increase in sight and hearing too.
If your score was 1% or more Superstition:
- Maybe you grew up in a superstitious home, or maybe you just watched a little too much TV as a kid.
- Rituals to ward of negative energy is tied to many spiritual beliefs, so if that’s were your beliefs stem from, that’s OK. But, if you just seem to make them up as you go, this can be either good or bad depending on how quick you are to jump to conclusions.
- Being genuinely afraid to step on sidewalk cracks and crossing the path of black cats is pure superstition.
- If you believe certain numbers have meaning or power, it should only be because you gave them that meaning or used your intention to give them that power.
If your score was 1% or more Suspiciousness or Grandiosity:
- Not so good.
- While messages from the universe and spirit guides can happen, the more often you believe it does happen the more confusing things can get. Did that DJ just play that song that totally sums up your day just because the universe wanted to say “Hey, it’s OK, I understand”? Did someone drop that dollar because you totally need to get n that bus that just stopped in front of you? Real signs can be tricky to weed out from coincidence. So try not to take anything TOO SERIOUSLY until you have a REALLY good handle on what is a real sign, and what isn’t, by learning from experience.
- If you often think other people are watching you or talking about you, this is either a pretty good sign that you’re either having issues with anxiety or paranoia, OR you’re a bit of a narcissist. In any case, you should try to figure out which, because none of those things are good things.
If your score was 1% or more Odd Beliefs & Magical Thinking:
- NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. While these questions seemed like your fairly common paranormal beliefs, they were worded in a way the pretty much eliminates real psychic experiences. So, if you scored 1% or higher, you need to look at the questions again and make sure you read them carefully. If you did, and your answers are still yes, NOT GOOD.
- Hollywood psychic experiences are pretty much nothing like real psychic experiences. They are way more subtle and they cannot be “controlled” like how they portray them on film.
- Strangers cannot read your mind. You need to have an emotional bond for telepathy to actually work. Take this assessment to make sure is wasn’t something serious: Telepathic Differential Interview
- When people feel what you feel, it’s called “empathy.” It has nothing to do with psychic experiences. Psychic empathy is far more complicated than just someone putting themselves in your shoes. Make sure you’re not confusing the two.
- If you really believe you are telepathic communicating with someone, but have never verified that you actually are, you are seriously suffering from errors in reasoning. You need evidence, you need validation. Even if it’s just a little bit. If you have none at all, that is NEVER a good sign.
- We all have moments when we feel like we don’t quite fit in, but illusions or delusions of being an alien, a God in physical form, and angel or demon, etc. is a pretty dangerous road to go down and to be down. So unless you have things like a blood test to prove your alien heritage or god-like superpowers (and other people can see these things too, not just you), you might want to reconsider your humanity.
- If you believe seeing evil faces in abstract images is a sign you are being visited by a demon or evil spirit, take a deep breath, and remind yourself that this is a sign you’re over-the-top anxious and you need to calm yourself down. If you’re not anxious, or paranoid, then this may be something someone once told you when you were young and impressionable, but you may want to let this belief go. Just to be on the safe side, take this: Clairvoyant Differential Interview
- These experiences are pretty normal.
Do you often feel that things you see on TV or read online have a special meaning just for you?
Do you ever notice common objects and believe that they are special signs just for you?
When you see people talking to each other, do you often wonder if they are talking about you?
Do you often feel that other people are watching you?
Do you often have experiences with the supernatural?
Do you believe that real telepathy and clairvoyance is exactly how they portray it on TV and in movies?
Do you believe that strangers are reading your mind in detail without your permission?
When other people feel what you feel, do you believe that this is a sign that you have psychic powers?
Have you ever believed that you were communicating telepathically with a stranger, but you never ask the person to verify if the information you received and they received was correct?
Do you often perform little rituals to ward off negative influences or negative energies?
Do you often fear stepping on sidewalk cracks or fear crossing a black cat?
Do you believe that numbers like 13 and 7 have special powers or are lucky?
Do you feel like you might not be human?
If you see an evil face in an abstract image suddenly appear, would you believe this to be a sighting of a demon or evil spirit?
Have you ever worried that people on other planets may be influencing your mind?
Have you often mistaken objects or shadows for people?
Have you ever mistaken noises for voices?
Have you ever had the sense that someone or some force was around you, even though you cannot see anyone or any force?
Does your sense of smell ever suddenly become unusually strong?